Monday, November 3, 2008

Counting my Blessings

A few weeks ago as we sat down to eat dinner, my dear husband was forced to say the blessing.
This is something he is doing more and more lately, to his defense, but normally it is I. This night I had already stuffed something in my mouth and my words would not form so I relented and squeezed his hand and he followed the cue and stepped right up to the plate and said the blessing. One thing I have noticed with him is that no matter when or when or what, he always thanks God for our blessings.
Now I am thankful for the many things that God has blessed me with, but like most people unless it is something big, I tend to over look the little things that warms my heart each day. I so often fail to thank my Lord and Savior for the smaller things that are relevant to me.
So today I am including a active prayer in my blog on the things that warms my heart each day that God has blessed me with.

Lord forgive me for allowing the world to demand so much of my attention that I take my eyes off of you, and forgive me for minimizing the blessings in my life that are not on a bigger scale.
Thank you for for the way I feel when Olivia smiles at me and all you see is squinted eyes and gums, or when my grand boys call my name with excitement. Thank you that I can see, touch, and smell the beauty of this world around me, the way that my breath catches the early morning air and I am reminded that you gave me breath and you are the only one that can take it away.
I am awed to feel the rain on my face but more than that I love to close my eyes and feel the wind blow, for that reminds me that even though I can not see you or touch you right now, you are still there.
I love to smell coffee brewing and that feeling I get after the first sip in the morning, that makes me feel warm in my tummy.
I am touched when I hear children playing in the distance and it reminds me of some of my founder childhood memories. You are slowly erasing the bad ones and replacing them with the good ones, the ones I had long forgotten.
For naps and blankets to curl up in and warm fuzzes on my feet.
For fleeing moments with those that I love, and how when that time comes to a end, how thankful I was to have a few minutes of their day, for neither one of us may not have tomorrow left to share on earth , and Daddy I dont ever wont to forget that fact.
For fireplaces and warm beaches and music Lord, how I do love me some music and may my heart sing a joyful noise unto you for now and forever more.
For the times when my sister and I go and do crazy things and we laugh, so often more at ourselves than others, it gives me a good feeling inside.For big people in little cars that for some reasonthat just cracks me up.
For times that I get the giggles at all the wrong moments and for the big ole belly laughs that brings me to tears.
Thank you sweet Lord for the memories that I hold dear to my heart, and the tears of pain and joy that you personally keep in a special store house.
For the way it makes me feel when I am at home and Neil burst in and calls me "woman of the house '' I cant help but good inside when I hear that.
Lord thank you that through all my failures as a parent my children respect me, and I feel a sense of pride at the respect they show me and I pray that you will bless them for this respect and make their lives long ones as your word promises it will do.
Holy Daddy I could sit all day and think of the small things that touch me in so many ways, but once again the demands of my day are at hand, and I must go,but I wonted to thank you for these things that warm my heart, I am sorry it has taken me so long. Continue to bless this servant of yours and bless those that take a few minutes from their day to read this public display worship and praise.

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to your name O Most High. To declare your lovingkindness in the morning and your faithfulness every night. Psm 92:1-2

In your name Jesus
Amen

No comments: