Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Friends

This morning found a very cool breeze greeting me as I got up and started my day. And with that breeze I found good friends, I have waited all summer long to reconnect with my friends, and as good friends will do, they were waiting on me too. I did not have to do any searching, they were just where I have put them months ago. Sitting quietly waiting on me to remember all the cool days they comforted me. Never whining or complaining, just waiting on me to bring them back into my day. Yes it was my pink fuzzy bedroom shoes, I reached for them and there they were, a bit older and bit more swap sided but ready and eager to please. As I put my feet into them and the warmth engulfed my toes, I could not help but stop for a moment of silence for the pink fuzzy animal that gave up its hide to make my pink fuzzy bedroom shoes and was convinced that there is a special place in heaven for these wonderful creatures.
Oh they have not been without their own drama, the times my daughter has come and slipped them on her feet as if no one noticed, with total disregard to the fact that they don't fit her but each time I have rescued them and kept them in the fold, and the time that Buba ( my dog ) thought he could take one to his bed and hide it to make it a object of his affections, but this plan was quickly foiled and my pink fuzzy bedroom shoe was reunited with its mate and with me.
Yes with fall comes the cool breeze and the chilly mornings and the return of my pink fuzzy bedroom shoes........life ain't so bad.

2 comments:

Traci said...

There is medicine for you, I just wanted to let you know that, there is help for you, hang on my friend.

majorshouse said...

I think you are a l;ittle nutty, but those slippers are like a good friend. I have a pair of tennis shoes that I wear around the house all the time and wear them with no socks and they are so comfortable even though they look worn out.