Thursday, September 4, 2008

God our Defender

In my quite time today there was a big question. What is God doing when you are in a bind? When the lifeboat springs a leak? When the rip cord snaps? When the last penny is gone before the last bill is paid.....I know what we are doing. Nibbling on nails like corn on the cob. Pacing floors. Taking pills, but what dose God do, that was the question and part of a response from my favorite Arthur Max Lacado.
Which prompt me to think, why do we pace and worry. What is it that will not ease up when things are not so easy. What is it that holds on to the things that we should just let go of if indeed Christ is in our hearts? Is it free will overload? I wonder that because Christ allows us to have a free will or should I say loves us so much that we have free will, have we like everything thing else in our life's Overloaded on it. We over work, we over eat, we over sleep, or dont sleep at all, we over analyzed, over spend over and over. Is that what happens to that precious gift of free will. Jesus says, just love me by your own free will and I will take care of everything else, and we cant even do that.So I think for my sake I am going to work on that "over" issue and try and trust the one who says in Exod. 14;14 I will fight for you.
The rest of the devotion went on to say.
" What does God do?.....
He fights for us. He steps into the ring and points us to the corner and takes over. Remain calm; the Lord will fight for you. His job is to fight. Out job is to trust. Just trust. Not direct ( that's me ) or question....our job is to pray and wait.

Humm, something to think about.

No comments: