Saturday, January 3, 2009

Mr.Kyzer If You Please

My daughter her husband and my grandchildren of some of my greatest joys in my life and provide quite a bit of constant entertainment on a daily basis.
But last night as my son Jason sat and shared with us his recent trip to the out back bowl so much went racing through my head.
I was no longer looking at the blond hair blue eyes little boy trying to explain to me how he tore up his 5th bike jumping ramps , I was looking a grown man instead. This is something I have never been able to do until now.
As he told of his adventure in Fla.( and let me add some of it was hilarious)
It was a bitter sweet Revelation. My baby boy has grown up. He spoke of adult things and carried on a conversation without all the drama and tales that children bring to the table when they tell of their recent adventures.
I looked at his arms and how strong they have become and his baby face has disappeared.
His eyes remain ever so blue but they too have changed a bit not in color but in age. As he told us of his trip I could hear things like responsibility and precautions ( WHERE IS MY LITTLE BOY?)Where is the child that hacked into the school computer and locked out the teachers so they could not enter in the grades, or the child that locked all the bathroom stalls so no one could get in unless they crawled under. The child that me and sister would go spy on because at one time the truth was no where to to found in him. All those tears I have cried over him, all those nights I spent on my knees on his behalf and the times I had to bail him out of trouble with his dad. I never thought he would make it "Oh there you are Peter"
But he has, and he is strong and he is slowly becoming wise, and his free spirit remains but I do detect some control over it.
All the decisions we made as parents some of them just broke my heart because I knew how badly he wonted some things and it was tough love to say no,he made it any way and perhaps a better man for the ware.
How selfish of me not to wont him to grow up. But he is and he is as beautiful as a young man as he was a little boy. I guess when I need to see the little boy I will just have to be like one of the lost boys in Peter Pan and look deep into his eyes and perhaps I will catch a glimpse of Jake the Snake as he was called as a child.
Jake he grew into as teenager and I guess now as he approaches 25 Mr. Kyzer will be in order.
Here's to you son, May you continue to grow wise and strong. I continue to pray that you will seek God with the passion that you live life and never forget I WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN.
In the words of Rocky Balboa in Rocky 5 "tank yous sons for being born "

No comments: